How to Stay Out of TL;DR Hell [Content Marketing Podcast 192]
Welcome to Episode 192 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
Today we’re turning our attention to avoiding one of the banes of many content creators’ existence: TL;DR, also known as “too long; didn’t read.”
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- The Content Marketing Coach is now available on Amazon — book and Kindle format! To see what Joe Pulizzi, Jay Baer, and Jeff Hayzlett thought about the book, and to snag your own copy, visit com.
- Unfinished business: Here are the links to the three podcasts I rattled off in our back-to-school episode: Jon Buscall’s Online Marketing & Communications Podcast, John Jantsch’s Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, and Todd Henry’s Accidental Creative Podcast.
- Our latest News Feed segment:
- Facebook announces new features for cross-posting video (learn more here)
- LinkedIn rolls out Publisher updates (learn more here)
- Twitter revamps Direct Messages (learn more here)
- Content Hit of the Week: “Why Content Marketing’s Future Depends on Shorter Content and Less Content” by Ronell Smith on the Moz blog
- Is all long content bad?
- Learn the wisdom of the Miniskirt Rule
- 7 tips for keeping readers engaged throughout those longer pieces of content … and avoiding the dreaded TL;DR
- Tip of the Week: My answer to “Can I publish the same content on my blog and in my e-newsletter?”
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and dreams for your content marketing program. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
Remember to snag your copy of The Content Marketing Coach: Everything You Need to Get in the Game … and WIN! — now available on Amazon!
- Find out how to connect and convert with content marketing.
- Learn to cut through the clutter with intelligent content that resonates with your specific target audience.
- Get the secrets for turning followers into customers … and customers into evangelists.
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. To learn more, download our complimentary audio 5 Things You Must Know About Content Marketing.
Comments are closed.