Content Marketing Podcast 132: Busted! Top 3 Myths About Promoted Content
Welcome to Episode 132 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
[If you joined us for last week’s podcast, you’ll recall we discussed the growing popularity of streaming video apps Meerkat and Periscope, and how we can incorporate live video into our content marketing strategies. (Need to get caught up?)
This month is all about the trends that are shaping the future of our work as content marketers, and in Episode 132 of the Content Marketing Podcast, we talk about the growing necessity to open our wallets and promote our content.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Our latest News Feed segment:
- Facebook testing a “Watch Later” button for videos
- New report reveals more and more journalists are relying on social media to keep up with headlines
- Content Hit of the Week: “How B2B Content Marketers Are Missing the Mark” by Ayaz Nanji on MarketingProfs
- How competition for online users’ attention has reached unprecedented levels in just the last couple of years
- Why the need to promote our content is now a fact of life for content marketers
- 3 big myths about promoted content — busted!
- Tip of the Week: Remember to infuse the personal alongside the professional in your content
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and fears around content marketing. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
See you again next week!
Got questions about outsourcing your content marketing? Hit me up at AskRachelparker.com!
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. Contact Rachel about speaking to your group or business.