Is the Clock Ticking on Your 2016-17 Budget? [Marketing Mojo Video]
Last week I got a panicked call from a contact who just realized that her 2016-17 marketing budget expires on June 30, and she still had some funds to spend before the clock runs out. Check out today’s Mojo to find out what happened next:
If you’re just a few days away from saying “buh-bye” to the remaining dollars in this fiscal year’s marketing budget, you still have time to put those funds to good use. Check out the video for 3 ideas for content marketing projects that you can get going right now.
To learn more about content marketing strategies to grow your tribe and your bottom line, grab a copy of The Content Marketing Coach: Everything You Need to Get in the Game … and WIN. To learn more about the book and to download a free chapter, visit contentmarketingcoachbook.com!
Today’s Video Transcript
Monday Morning Marketing Mojo
Hey morning folks! Rachel here with you Monday Morning Marketing Mojo. Hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready for a fantastic week up ahead.
I want to tell you about a phone call that I got last week from someone who has been in my circles for a while, and she was almost in a panic, she said – “Rachel I just realized that our fiscal year is ending on June 30th and I’ve got some budget dollars that I need to spend before that time runs out.” So we talked about a few projects that she has kind of had in the hopper been meaning to get around to and we were able to get those estimated, and get those invoices sent, and get that taken care of so that she can use those budget dollars because on July 1st they are going away and you know what a lot of organizations are in a similar circumstance. Maybe instead of January to December your fiscal year goes from July to June, which means you have only a few more days to use up those budget dollars before they go away forever.
Today I want to talk about 3 ways that you can put those budgetary dollars to good use with your agency or with whoever you’re working with and make sure that you get something going before they disappear forever.
- So the first thing you can do is; and I’ve got some visual aids here, aren’t we swanky. The first thing you can do is get those long form content projects rolling. Maybe even thinking about an
E-book or a white paper, or maybe an audio resource that you’ve been wanting to put out there as a lead generation resource, and if you’ve got some budget dollars out there, this is a great time to use those dollars to get those projects going. Again not all the work has to be done by June 30th, you just have to allocate those dollars and maybe you set out in January to say – Okay first quarter we’re going to do a fantastic E-book and then you know life happened the CEO wanted a website refreshed, or maybe you had a product launch. Something that soaked up your resources and that E-book never got worked on. Well if you’ve got some budget dollars that need to get used this is a good time to get with your external resources and see about getting those projects rolling.
- The second thing you can do is: front load some content for the beginning of the 2017- 2018 fiscal year, and what I mean by that is, you can get in touch with your agency and say – hey we’ve got x amount of dollars can you crank out 10 evergreen blog posts for us, and that way you can use those dollars and you will have those blog posts in your hand to use as you begin the next year. I hope your content is set through the end of the month, which is just a few days away, but if you’re looking to use those dollars then, maybe you can get with your free lancers or your agency and say okay let’s make a plan for using these funds to get some blog posts created and then just have them in the hopper, ready to go as you get into the 2017- 2018 fiscal year.
Find out why Joe Pulizzi calls The Content Marketing Coach “a simple yet effective
guide to an approach that most businesses get flat out wrong.”
Download your free chapter today.
- The third thing you can do is: (this is fun I like the card thing I’ll have to do more of this) refreshing some old content assets. I was talking to another client and they say – you know Rachel we have got this white paper, it’s great, it ‘s one of our best performing lead generation resources, but it’s kind of old. He said that our messaging has evolved, we’ve got some new case studies that we want to put in there, and this is a great time to refresh that old lead gen asset. So again if you are in the situation of having some budget dollars that need to get spent this is a great time to see about refreshing those old content assets.
So there you have it those are our three ways that you can put those budget dollars to good use if your budget is expiring on June 30th, and by the way today is the 26th, so you’ve got about 4 days to get with your resources, and to get those projects in place.
So that is it today for today’s Marketing Mojo. So that is it for today’s Marketing Mojo and if you want to learn more about super secret strategy tips for content marketing I recommend that you hop on over to http://contentmarketingcoachbook.com/ you can learn more about my book “The Content Marketing Coach- Everything You Need to Get in the Game and …Win! “ you can see what Thought Leaders like Joe Pulizzi, and Jay Baer thought about the book, spoiler alert they liked it! And you can also download a free chapter. So get your free chapter, see what it’s all about, kick the tires, take it for a spin, and then grab your own copy and hey grab one for a friend, and you know what , you know who loves this book, recent college graduates. They love it because it’s real world advice for getting their first content marketing job. So if you know a recent grad, I recommend that you pick up a copy and they will be your best friend for life. Okay that is it for me today. I wish you a wonderful week and I will see you again next Monday. Take care.
Remember to snag your copy of The Content Marketing Coach: Everything You Need to Get in the Game … and WIN! — now available on Amazon!
- Find out how to connect and convert with content marketing.
- Learn to cut through the clutter with intelligent content that resonates with your specific target audience.
- Get the secrets for turning followers into customers … and customers into evangelists.
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and author of the book The Content Marketing Coach: Everything You Need to Get in the Game … and WIN!
Comments are closed.