How to Promote Your Blog Post
“I’m publishing great content on my blog just like they told me to … but my traffic is abysmal. How can I get my audience to read my posts?”
Sure the Field of Dreams axiom “If you build it, they will come” made for good cinema, but it has no place in today’s crowded, noisy blogosphere. If you want people to read your stuff, you just have to hustle. No two ways about it.
Here are a few ideas to get you started. Each time you publish a blog post:
- Post a link to it on each of your social networks (including Pinterest if it includes a strong, unique visual).
- Submit each blog post URL to social bookmarking sites (StumbleUpon, Digg, etc.).
- Submit each post to your content curation sites on Internet Billboards, ShareBloc, BizSugar, etc.
- Post the link to your Facebook and LinkedIn Groups as applicable to the Group’s purpose.
- Invite the people in your tribe to subscribe to your RSS feed so that each post will be delivered to their email inbox or feed reader. (Learn more about RSS and feed readers)
- Include a link to your most recent blog post in your next e-newsletter.
- Email the link to clients who may find the content particularly useful. (“Hey Paul, I seem to recall you asking me about [topic] last time we met — thought you’d find this latest blog post of ours helpful …”)
- Bonus Tip I Learned From Guy Kawasaki: When you link to your post on Twitter, schedule four posts, eight hours apart, to make sure you hit all time zones.
How about you? How do you tell the world about your latest blog posts? Tell us in the Comments — we’d love to hear from you!
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. Contact Rachel about speaking to your group or business.
Comments are closed.