Podcast Episode 109: 5 Content Writing Tips from The Elements of Style
Welcome to Episode 109 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
On today’s episode, we continue our month-long Content Writers’ Bootcamp by sharing gems of content writing wisdom from my all-time favorite resource, The Elements of Style.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Our latest News Feed segment:
- New data shows Twitter entering a growth spurt
- Twitter ads new “quick promote” feature for sponsored tweets
- Content Hit of the Week: “5 Golden Rules for Building an Audience in a Boring Industry” by Jon Norris on the Contently blog
- Why Strunk and White’s The Elements of Style belongs on every writer’s bookshelf (or browser bookmark list)
- 5 bits of content writing wisdom that make this resource as vital today as when it was written in 1918
- Tip of the Week: Four words from Ernest Hemingway to inspire your writing process
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and fears around content marketing. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
See you again next week!
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. Contact Rachel about speaking to your group or business.