Podcast Episode 097: Storytelling 101: How NOT to Write a Customer Success Story
Welcome to Episode 97 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
On today’s episode, we’re continuing our Storytelling 101 series by talking about the most popular — and most misunderstood — story that marketers tell: the customer success story.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Our 100th episode is fast approaching! Stay tuned for details on our big century-mark festivities!
- Our latest “News Feed” segment:
- Facebook drops a(nother) bomb on brands
- Content Hit of the Week: A Handy Guide to Using Quizzes in Your Content Marketing by Josh Haynam on Marketing Profs blog
- Why the customer success story is a must-have in any marketer’s toolbox
- Why most marketers get the customer success story horribly wrong
- How to structure your stories to keep the audience engaged all the way through
- Tip of the Week: Add variety by upsizing and downsizing your stories
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and fears around content marketing. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
See you again next week!
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. Contact Rachel about speaking to your group or business.