Podcast Episode 096: Storytelling 101: I Need a Hero!
Welcome to Episode 96 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
On today’s episode, we’re continuing our series and talking about the one thing that every content marketing story needs: a hero.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Our 100th episode is fast approaching! Stay tuned for details on our big century-mark festivities!
- Our latest “News Feed” segment:
- Twitter introduces Small Business Planner
- SlideShare Announces HaikuDeck for SlideShare
- Content Hit of the Week: 10 Tactics to Increase Newsletter Subscriptions by Aleksander Czyz on Marketing Profs blog
- Why every story needs a hero
- The two characteristics every hero must have
- How to set up the hero in three types of marketing stories
- Tip of the Week: Give your story verve by adding dialogue.
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and fears around content marketing. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
See you again next week!
Save the date! On Wednesday, November 19 at 12 pm CST, you’re invited our next free VIP Webinar, Storytelling 101: Tell Your Story, Grow Your Profits.
You’ll learn why storytelling is the secret to cutting through the noise in today’s marketplace; the 5 keys to creating an engaging, impactful story; and how to use your story to build long-term relationships that lead to business.
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. Contact Rachel about speaking to your group or business.