Podcast Episode 095:Storytelling 101: Why Storytelling … and Why Now?
Welcome to Episode 95 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
On today’s episode, we’re kicking off a whole month on storytelling here at Resonance — one of my favorite topics! Today we’re talking about why great storytelling and great marketing have always gone hand in hand … and why this lost art is now more important than ever.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Shout-out to long time friend of the podcast Michael Werberberger, who recently published a blog post based on our “Tips to Rock the Mobile Inbox”
- Our 100th episode is fast approaching! Stay tuned for details on our big century-mark festivities!
- Our latest “News Feed” segment:
- SlideShare introduces Professional Journey (You can check mine out here)
- Google releases Penguin 3.0 update
- Content Hit of the Week: How Researching Competitors Can Improve Your Blog Content by Ian Cleary on Social Media Examiner
- Why storytelling has always been a part of great marketing
- The three reasons why stories are so powerful
- Why storytelling is an absolute essential in today’s noisy, crowded marketplace
- Tip of the Week: Telling the story of your brand is a great way to start building relationships with your audience.
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and fears around content marketing. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
See you again next week!
Save the date! On Wednesday, November 19 at 12 pm CST, you’re invited our next free VIP Webinar, Storytelling 101: Tell Your Story, Grow Your Profits.
You’ll learn why storytelling is the secret to cutting through the noise in today’s marketplace; the 5 keys to creating an engaging, impactful story; and how to use your story to build long-term relationships that lead to business.
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. Contact Rachel about speaking to your group or business.