Podcast Episode 092: Email and Social: Do You Really Need Both?
Welcome to Episode 91 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
On today’s episode, we’re continuing our series on e-newsletters by talking about email and social media … and addressing the question of whether you really do need both to have an effective content marketing program.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Our 100th episode is fast approaching! Any ideas on how we should mark the occasion? We’d love to hear them!
- Happy 4th birthday to Resonance Content Marketing!
- Our latest “News Feed” segment:
- LinkedIn now shows how people found your profile
- Twitter updates Mac app to allow multiple photo uploads
- Content Hit of the Week: Using Backstories as a Way to Connect with Your Audience, by Pamela Muldoon on the Content Marketing Institute blog
- Remember when all those social media “gurus” were pronouncing the death of email?
- 3 reasons (plus one bonus!) why email is a necessary component of any successful content marketing program
- How social media accomplishes what email can’t
- How email and social media can be used to complement each other beautifully
- Tip of the Week: Your e-newsletter should feature your main article in its entirety, plus links to supplemental pieces.
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and fears around content marketing. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
See you again next week!
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. Contact Rachel about speaking to your group or business.