Podcast Episode 077: Why Storytelling?
Welcome to Episode 77 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
If you joined us for last week’s podcast, you were in for a treat: content marketer extraordinaire Sally Hogshead stopped by to talk about her new book, How the World Sees You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination … and to share a special gift just for the Resonance community. (Need to get caught up?)
Today we’re kicking off a new series about one of the biggest buzzwords in the content marketing sphere: storytelling.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Our latest “News Feed” segment:
- Facebook launches updates to mobile Pages apps on IOS and Android
- Google launches Google My Business for local small businesses
- Content Hit of the Week: Cutting Through the Jargon of the Content Marketing Industry, by Chad Pollitt on the Social Media Today blog
- What happens to us when we here those six magical words “Let me tell you a story …”
- Why storytelling is as old as humanity itself (sorry, marketers, you didn’t invent it after all!)
- 5 reasons why storytelling is a vital component of any successful content marketing strategy
- Tip of the Week: If you need to get those creative juices flowing, consider an online creative writing course
Special Offer for Our Listeners: You have until July 8 to get your free gift form Sally Hogshead: a free assessment to reveal your Fascination Archetype! To get yours, just go to howtheworldseesyou.com/you and fill out the short form. In the “Book Code” field, type in RParker (case-sensitive). You’ll answer a few questions and receive a full report on your Fascination Archetype.
Once you get your report, I have 2 favors to ask:
- Go to our Facebook page, facebook.com/resonancecontent and post your results on our wall.
- Share it forward! We want to use every last one of these free assessments, so please share the link and code with friends, family, and coworkers!
Please remember that this podcast is about you—your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and fears around content marketing. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
See you again next week!
Each Friday, we deliver a simple but impactful tip to boost your mojo on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and other social networks.
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. Contact Rachel about speaking to your group or business.
Comments are closed.