Podcast Episode 076: How the World Sees You: An Interview with Sally Hogshead
Welcome to Episode 76 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
Today we’re thrilled to welcome a very special guest to the podcast: Sally Hogshead, author of one of our favorite books, Fascinate: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation. Sally has a new book coming out called How the World Sees You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination, and she was kind enough to stop by and give us a preview.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Our latest “News Feed” segment:
- Improvements to Facebook’s embedded posts feature
- What you need to know about Google’s Panda 4.0 update
- Content Hit of the Week: 11 Juicy Opt-In Offer Ideas Your Readers Will Love, by Joan Stewart on the Future of Ink blog
- How Sally Hogshead’s new book, How the World Sees You, helps us discover our own fascination triggers
- Why we need to “unlearn boring”
- How to get your free assessment and discover your own fascination archetype (see below)
- Tip of the Week: Create a campaign to get your promotional content out on a regular basis — once or twice is not enough!
Special Offer for Our Listeners: Sally has kindly set aside 500 free assessments just for listeners of the Content Marketing Podcast — woohoo! To get yours, just go to howtheworldseesyou.com/you and fill out the short form. In the “Book Code” field, type in RParker (case-sensitive). You’ll answer a few questions and receive a full report on your fascination archetype.
Once you get your report, I have 2 favors to ask:
- Go to our Facebook page, facebook.com/resonancecontent and post your results on our wall.
- Share it forward! We want to use every last one of these free assessments, so please share the link and code with friends, family, and coworkers!
Please remember that this podcast is about you—your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and fears around content marketing. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
Each Friday, we deliver a simple but impactful tip to boost your mojo on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and other social networks.
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. Contact Rachel about speaking to your group or business.
See you again next week!
Comments are closed.