Is Organic Reach Dead? [Content Marketing Podcast 213]
As the organic reach of our pages on Facebook, LinkedIn and other social networks dwindles down to near nothing, is it time to rethink our social posting strategy?
Welcome to Episode 213 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
If you joined us for last week’s podcast, you’ll recall we looked at some of the latest research on Millennials and their changing social media habits in 2017 — and what it means for your own social media strategy. (Need to get caught up?)
Today we’re looking at the harsh reality of organic reach — or lack thereof — in 2017 and what we can do about it.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Shoutout to my friend Matthias Mattenberger, host of the Marketing auf dem Arbeitsweg podcast in Switzerland — check out his episode (in German) inspired by our recent discussion of why Carvana is the ultimate testimony to content marketing.
- Our latest News Feed segment:
- Snapchat rolls out Snapcodes for website URLs (test-drive the example on the right to see how it works)
- Content Hit of the Week: “How to Use Jargon for Good, Not Evil, in Your Content and Marketing” by Derek Slater on the MarketingProfs blog
- It’s no secret that organic reach on Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social networks has plummeted over the last couple of years
- Some jarring advice from the Godfather of Content Marketing himself, Joe Pulizzi, on dealing with the “Reachpocalypse”
- What a manager from Facebook had to say about the issue at a recent conference
- 5 ways we can adapt to the brave new world of “Facebook Zero”
- Tip of the Week: Experiment. Measure. Repeat. Adapt.
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and dreams for your content marketing program. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
Remember to snag your copy of The Content Marketing Coach: Everything You Need to Get in the Game … and WIN! — now available on Amazon!
- Find out how to connect and convert with content marketing.
- Learn to cut through the clutter with intelligent content that resonates with your specific target audience.
- Get the secrets for turning followers into customers … and customers into evangelists.
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and author of the book The Content Marketing Coach: Everything You Need to Get in the Game … and WIN!