What Learning Guitar Has Taught Me About Content Marketing [Content Marketing Podcast 239]
Who would’ve thought that learning guitar could teach you so much about content marketing?
Welcome to Episode 239 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
If you joined us for last week’s podcast, you’ll recall we looked at why bingeable content is the new Holy Grail of content marketing, and how we can learn from Netflix’s magic formula for keeping folks glued to the screen. (Need to get caught up?)
This week I’m sharing my latest hobby — learning to play the guitar — and 5 insights from my experience that have made me a better content marketer.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- How to grab your copy of our complimentary e-book “Ninja Secrets of B2B Blogging“
- Content Marketing World is just a few weeks away, and this year I have the honor of serving as a moderator. To get a $100 discount on your registration, enter the code RESONANCE100 (affiliate code).
- Our latest News Feed segment:
- Facebook enables public sharing of Stories
- Facebook testing Stories on desktop
- Content Hit of the Week: “12 Social Media Tools Necessary for Content Marketing Success,” by Neil Patel
- 5 things my latest hobby — learning to play the guitar — has taught me about content marketing
- Why we all need to start with the basics
- How to handle what Seth Godin calls “The Dip”
- Walking the line between inspiration and imitation
- The dangers of trying to be all things to all people
- How savvy online guitar teachers segment their content as free, gated, and paid
- Tip of the Week: Why having a distinct style isn’t just a “nice to have”
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and dreams for your content marketing program. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter
Remember to snag your copy of The Content Marketing Coach: Everything You Need to Get in the Game … and WIN! — now available on Amazon!
- Find out how to connect and convert with content marketing.
- Learn to cut through the clutter with intelligent content that resonates with your specific target audience.
- Get the secrets for turning followers into customers … and customers into evangelists.
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and author of the book The Content Marketing Coach: Everything You Need to Get in the Game … and WIN!
Comments are closed.