Is Your Content Marketing Ready for 2014?
Happy 2014, peeps!
To give you a little nudge, we’ve put together a checklist of questions to help make sure your content marketing program is tuned up and ready to roll:
- Have you done a thorough review of results from your content marketing program covering all of 2013? (If not, give our 2013 wrapup podcast a listen) (Tweet this)
- Is your editorial calendar up to date, encompassing all your various content marketing activities? (Tweet this)
- Have you built regular audience check-ins into your calendar or to-do list? (Tweet this)
- Have you added curation activities to your content marketing strategy? (Tweet this)
- Is your entire team on board with your goals for 2014? (Tweet this)
- Have you reviewed the blend of abilities and skill sets on your team to make sure you’ve assigned the right tasks to the right people? (Tweet this)
- Have you made any needed revisions to your budget — new staff, paid services, advertising/promoted posts, outsourced services, equipment, etc.? (Tweet this)
- Have you unsubscribed from any “pro” accounts that aren’t worth what you’re paying for them? (Tweet this)
- Have you reviewed your most — and least — successful posts from 2013 to identify best practices for reaching your audience? (Tweet this)
- Does your blogging calendar reflect a diverse mix of approaches (e.g. longer/shorter, text/video/visual) and topics? (Tweet this)
- Are you making it a regular practice to invite guest contributors and to offer your guest-posting services to other blogs? (Tweet this)
Your Social Media
- Are all your social accounts up to date with your current contact information, photos, links, and other specifics? (Tweet this)
- Have you done a thorough assessment of your social media activities to figure out which ones are delivering results and which ones aren’t? (Tweet this)
How about you, dear readers: what are you doing to make sure you’re ready to rock in 2014? Leave us a note in the Comments — we’d love to hear from you!
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. Contact Rachel about speaking to your group or business.
See you again next week!
Comments are closed.