Giving Your Content Heart with Employee Storytelling [Content Marketing Podcast 198]
How to add some heart to your content marketing with real employee stories from across your organization.
Welcome to Episode 198 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
Today we’re talking about employee stories — why they’re vital to your content marketing strategy and how to find them create them, and publish them in a way that builds personal connections.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Shout-out to my new Twitter friend, mbohanes
- Our latest News Feed segment:
- Facebook adds new Recommendations function, ramps up Events, and adds new call-to-action buttons
- Pinterest unveils Pin Collective (click here to learn more)
- LinkedIn updates Skills and Endorsement features
- Content Hit of the Week: “Content Gating: When, Whether, and How to Put Your Content Behind an Email/Form Capture,” another Whiteboard Friday video by Rand Fishkin over at Moz
- Why employee stories are key to building personal connections with the people in your audience — especially if you’re in a “boring” industry
- The four elements that need to be in place for employee stories to become a solid contributor to your content marketing
- The one step that far too many brands overlook when it comes to employee storytelling
- Tip of the Week: How to give internal teams a vested interest in your content marketing
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and dreams for your content marketing program. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
Remember to snag your copy of The Content Marketing Coach: Everything You Need to Get in the Game … and WIN! — now available on Amazon!
- Find out how to connect and convert with content marketing.
- Learn to cut through the clutter with intelligent content that resonates with your specific target audience.
- Get the secrets for turning followers into customers … and customers into evangelists.
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and author of the book The Content Marketing Coach: Everything You Need to Get in the Game … and WIN!