Content Strategy 101: An Interview with Melanie Seibert [Content Marketing Podcast 236]
Content strategist Melanie Seibert joins us to talk about why a strong content strategy (no, not content marketing strategy, but content strategy) is a must-have for any brand that’s serious about its online content … and how to get started.
Welcome to Episode 236 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
This week we’re delighted to bring you another expert interview: content strategist Melanie Seibert joins us to share her insights on why content strategy is important and how to get started putting it to work for your online brand.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- How to grab your copy of our complimentary audio “Ninja Secrets of B2B Blogging“
- Content Marketing World is coming in September, and this year I have the honor of serving as a moderator. To get a $100 discount on your registration, enter the code RESONANCE100 (affiliate link).
- Our latest News Feed segment:
- LinkedIn is (finally) testing native video uploads
- Content Hit of the Week: “How to use SEO data in your social media strategy,” by Jordan Kasteler on the Marketing Land blog
- The difference between content strategy and content marketing strategy (for more on this, see Melanie’s article on the Content Marketing Institute website)
- Why interest in content strategy has exploded in the last few years
- How to decide if you need a content strategist for your team
- How Melanie’s new online course will help you get started in content strategy
- How to access her free 7-day email course
- Follow Melanie on Twitter at @melanie_seibert
- Tip of the Week: Why we all need to be doing content audits at least once a year, and the questions we need to ask
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and dreams for your content marketing program. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
Remember to snag your copy of The Content Marketing Coach: Everything You Need to Get in the Game … and WIN! — now available on Amazon!
- Find out how to connect and convert with content marketing.
- Learn to cut through the clutter with intelligent content that resonates with your specific target audience.
- Get the secrets for turning followers into customers … and customers into evangelists.
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and author of the book The Content Marketing Coach: Everything You Need to Get in the Game … and WIN!