Content Marketing for Technology: 10 Tweetable Tips
Here at Resonance, we work with several clients in the technology field, and we’ve experienced first-hand the challenges of creating and implementing a solid content marketing strategy around technical products and services. Today we’re sharing just a few gems of wisdom we’ve acquired along the way; if you’d like to share a tip, just click “tweet this”:
- Be certain you understand your audience’s level of technical expertise and write your content accordingly. (tweet this)
- Everyone appreciates clear, simple writing. Even if you’re writing for a technically savvy audience, try to keep it simple. (tweet this)
- Include diagrams and screencaps to add visual appeal to your technical content. (tweet this)
- Writing about technology doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun. Let your sense of humor show and invite your audience to laugh along. (tweet this)
- Keep your blog content focused on your audience’s needs and leave the selling to your product pages. (tweet this)
- Always define technical terms your audience may not be familiar with. When in doubt, spell it out. (tweet this)
- Leverage the power of video by recording and sharing whiteboard sessions with your audience. (tweet this)
- Attend industry conferences and write daily blog posts sharing the day’s highlights as well as your biggest takeaways. (tweet this)
- Invite industry experts to share their insights via podcast interviews or live video chats on Blab. (tweet this)
- Give key thought leaders in your organization regular “columns” on your blog and syndicate them via LinkedIn Publishing. (tweet this)
OK, your turn: How does your team rock a solid content marketing presence for your technology product or service? Tell us about it in the comments!
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. To learn more, download our complimentary audio 5 Things You Must Know About Content Marketing.
Comments are closed.