Content Marketing Podcast 157: Why Quality Is the New Black
Welcome to Episode 157 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
If you joined us for last week’s podcast, you’ll recall that we looked at one of January’s biggest clichés — resolving to get in shape — and how we content marketers can steer clear of the same caveats that compel people to quit the gym. (Need to get caught up?)
This week, we’re looking at the one thing we all must focus on in 2016 — quality — and why this is the year to raise the bar for our own content marketing.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Our latest News Feed segment:
- FTC issues statement on “native” advertising and deceptively formatted advertisements
- Content Hit of the Week: “How to Consistently Create Remarkable Content” by Kelton Reid on Copyblogger
- Chris Brogan’s prediction about what will happen to junk content in 2016
- Why content marketing is arriving at the same tipping point that social media reached a few years ago
- Where to start: Decide what quality content is for your brand and your audience (check out my latest blog post to learn more)
- Tip of the Week: How to use existing posts as foundations for longer, more in-depth content pieces
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and dreams for your content marketing program. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
See you again next week!
Grab your copy of B2B Content Marketing: From the Blog to the Bottom Line!
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. To learn more, download our complimentary audio 5 Things You Must Know About Content Marketing.