Content Marketing Podcast 144: Happy Birthday, Resonance! 5 Content Marketing Lessons From the Last 5 Years
Welcome to Episode 144 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
If you joined us for last week’s podcast, you’ll recall we tackled a lament I so often hear from B2B content marketers: “If only I could get our content in front of the CEO …” (Need to get caught up?)
This month — today, in fact — marks the five-year anniversary of Resonance, and to celebrate, I’m sharing the top 5 content marketing lessons that the last five years have taught me.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Our latest News Feed segment:
- Big changes for LinkedIn Groups
- Facebook starting to test Reactions
- Periscope launches an “On Air” button for embedded profiles
- Content Hit of the Week: “The Great Big List of Infographic Ideas” Infographic by Barry Feldman on Content Marketing Institute blog
- The biggest content marketing lessons I’ve learned since we started Resonance:
- Think like a farmer, not a hunter.
- Content marketing does not take the place of sales.
- Be human.
- If you have no critics, you’re playing it safe.
- There’s a lot to be said for staying power
- Tip of the Week: Keep a finger on the pulse of your audience and adjust your strategy as needed
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and fears around content marketing. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
See you again next week!
Grab your copy of B2B Content Marketing: From the Blog to the Bottom Line!
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. To learn more, download our complimentary audio 5 Things You Must Know About Content Marketing.