Content Marketing Podcast 131: Streaming Video: Passing Fad or Real Opportunity?
Welcome to Episode 131 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
If you joined us for last week’s podcast, you’ll recall we discussed the rise of the Millennial generation and how we as content marketers can tap into the needs of this growing demographic. (Need to get caught up?)
This month is all about the trends that are shaping the future of our work as content marketers, and in Episode 131 of the Content Marketing Podcast, we talk about the growing popularity of streaming video apps Meerkat and Periscope, and how we can incorporate live video into our content marketing strategies.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Our latest News Feed segment:
- Meerkat’s new “Cameo” feature lets attendees take over
- Facebook changing how your ads’ pay-per-click (PPC) is measured
- Content Hit of the Week: “To App or Not to App? The Answer for Your Business” by Rachel Winstead on the Content Equals Money blog
- Why streaming video — even mobile streaming video — is nothing new, and how Meerkat and Periscope have made it the center of attention
- Why live video presents a unique opportunity for content marketers
- 4 ways to incorporate streaming video into your content marketing strategy
- Tip of the Week: Overcoming “technological paralysis” when it comes to video content
Please remember that this podcast is about you — your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and fears around content marketing. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
See you again next week!
Got questions about outsourcing your content marketing? Hit me up at AskRachelparker.com!
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. Contact Rachel about speaking to your group or business.