Book review and giveaway: Launch by Mike Stelzner
Check out my review of Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition by Mike Stelzner, founder of Social Media Examiner:
My key takeaways from Launch:
- The secret to success lies in the Elevation Principle: GC + OP – MM = G (Great Content plus Other People minus Marketing Messages equals GROWTH)
- Focus on giving away long before you start selling: Mike committed to earning 10,000 subscribers for Social Media Examiner before he sold anything … including ad space.
- “Primary fuel” (how-to articles, expert interviews, reviews, case studies, news stories, and contrarian stories) is what keeps your business moving; “nuclear fuel”(reports based on surveys, top 10 contests, white papers, and micro events) is what propels you towards your goals.
- Working with experts is one of the most powerful (and least-utilized) ways to grow your business … and don’t forget that you need to give in order to get.
- Think of marketing-speak as friction: the more you use it, the more it slows you down on the way to your goals.
Want to score your very own copy of Launch? I’ll be giving one away for the best response to the following question:
What are you committed to launching in the second half of 2011?
Leave your response in the comments by EOD Friday, July 29, and good luck!
Comments are closed.