In praise of quiet days
Hello and happy President’s Day, everybody!
Even if you’re hard at work on this holiday, chances are at least some of your clients won’t be. I love days like this because they give me the chance to catch a breather and take a look at long-term goals and projects.
So now that we’re nearly two months into 2011, we can use this quiet day to take a look at our annual goals and see how we’re doing. For example, how’s your progress coming along with:
- developing a “social voice” that resonates with the people in your network?
- creating an editorial calendar?
- getting yourself and your team up to speed on using blogs, Facebook, Twitter, location-based networks and other sites?
- learning the ins and outs of online audio and video?
- setting up and maintaining a blog for your business?
- setting up a Facebook page and Twitter profile?
- developing a social media policy for your team?
If any of these or other social media goals have fallen victim to the tyranny of the ringing phone, the overflowing inbox, or the last-minute fire drill, now is a great time to get back on track. So let’s get going!