3 Brands That Are Rocking Their B2B Blogs
Think B2B blogs have to be tedious, uninspired snoozefests that are destined to gather cobwebs? These three B2B brands are proving otherwise:
Yes, the same folks who make that huge equipment you see on farms and at construction sites are, believe it or not, quite the blogging rock stars. Caterpillar’s On the Level blog is a vibrant hub where the brand’s current and prospective customers can count on relevant, insightful information to help them do their jobs better.
Stealable Secrets from Caterpillar:
- Offer different perspectives by incorporating multiple voices from around your company.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of your audience’s concerns and turn those topics into blog fodder (as Caterpillar did in its post How to Avoid Machine Theft).
2. Kelly OCG
Kelly, the company that turned temporary staffing into an industry, has grown into a global powerhouse that now encompasses outsourcing and consulting — with a powerhouse blog to match. The Kelly Outsourcing & Consulting Group (OCG) blog offers the firm’s ideal clients a host of valuable information on topics such as leadership, talent supply chain, and workforce trends.
Stealable Secrets from Kelly OCG:
- Consider segmenting your blog by topic to help visitors navigate to precisely the posts that interest them.
- Help your audience stay up to date by highlighting the latest research that affects their industries (as Kelly OCG did in its post Automotive — What Talent Wants).
As the first name in business computing technology worldwide, IBM could have easily sat back on its laurels and given this blogging thing a pass. Instead, they’ve created a series of lively, engaging blogs — such as the Big Data & Analytics blog — around the topics that interest the brand’s incredibly diverse global audience.
Stealable Secrets from IBM:
- If you serve a diverse audience, make sure targeted posts are clearly titled and tagged to attract the right people (as IBM did in its post Public Sector News: Utilizing data and social media for public benefits).
- Have fun with images: IBM uses colorful cartoons to add visual interest and vibrancy to posts covering even the most technical topics.
OK, your turn: which B2B brands inspire you to take your own blog to the next level? Tell us about it in the comments — we’d love to hear from you!
Join me on August 27 for our next VIP webinar, Ninja Secrets of B2B Blogging!
About the Author
A self-described geek who can recite entire episodes of South Park by heart, Rachel Parker has had a passion for content ever since she was old enough to hold a crayon (purple, please).
As Founder and CEO of Resonance, Rachel helps businesses publish content that connects with their audience … and converts those followers into customers. She’s also the host of the Content Marketing Podcast and a sought-after speaker, having presented to many major business and marketing organizations. Contact Rachel about speaking to your group or business.
Comments are closed.